This beautiful group of people have helped CHOSEN become one of the fastest growing ministries in the city! They are gifted leaders and help to make CHOSEN a one of a kind experience every week! We know they don't fit the mold of what "traditional" church leadership looks like but as God said, "But the LORD said to Samuel, "Don't judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
at Chosen we believe in having a
MAJOR impact on our city!
We take extreme pride in creating an exciting and welcoming environment for all ages, incomes and ethnicity!
We believe our mistakes qualify us for God’s service. So, if your’e not perfect, CHOSEN is the perfect place for you!
Wear whatever makes you feel good.
Our Lead Pastor prefers Jordan and jeans! 🙂
Hello & Welcome to Chosen
CHOSEN Re-launch Guide
- Masks required inside (non-negotiable)
- Masks required outside (when social distancing isn’t followed)
- COVID signage displayed at entrance
- The more people you hug, the greater your risk; so, while inside, leaders should avoid hugging ESPECIALLY people in high-risk groups due to age (over 60) or medical conditions (lung disease, cancer, and so on). Leaders are advised to greet using the Wakanda X salute.
- Social distancing inside
- No pictures taken or shared where masks and or social distancing guidelines are not adhered
- Hand sanitizer upon entry
- Brennan Covid Talk – asking to keep masks on, maintain social distancing, etc.- if you remove your mask, you will be asked to leave – unless you are taking a drink for that moment, your mask stays on
- CHOSEN Kids closed until 11-1-20
- Operation team to “police” the mask situation
- Lobby Closed
- One way entry/ Two-way exit
- 2 chairs left between each family
- 9am rows are for CHOSEN
- Overflow seating in lobby set up in the middle facing TVs
A Place For You
“Mistakes don’t disqualify you from service,
they qualify you for service.”
Service Time: Saturday’s 6:00-7:15PM
Yannik McKie, CLC, MACM
“CHOSEN is like a breath of fresh air.”
Our Mission Statement
Guiding people into their God-given identities.
God amazingly brought together a group of unique people in Augusta to form a loving community. CHOSEN’S dream is to use our ministry to inspire the beautiful people of our city to maximize their potential and live in their God-given purpose.
“I had to come see what all the hype was about and after I came, I realized it wasnt hype, it was real!”
“We believe in GOD & lookin good, so dress code is do YOU!”
At age 11 Yannik suffered the heartbreak of his parents' divorce and learned that both Mom and Dad were HIV positive. By the age of 15 Yannik lost both of his parents to the deadly AIDS disease. Overcoming such adversity has helped Yannik earn his reputation as an expert on how to overcome life's toughest challenges. Yannik's amazing life story has been featured on numerous media outlets including ESPN, The Huffington Post, The New York Daily News, Good Day Atlanta, and many more. Yannik has a degree in marketing from Georgia Southern University and a Master's Degree in Christian Ministries from Liberty University.
Yannik loves his community and through the McKie Foundation a 501 (c) 3 given tens of thousands of dollars to the CSRA community. Yannik has served on the Board for My Brother's Keeper, Augusta University's African American Male Initiative and sponsored event's for the Medical College of Georgia, The Youth Challenge Academy, Columbia County School System and many many more. Chosen was birthed out of Yannik's passion for purpose and his passionate love for his community.